This beautiful female Holly tree has dark green glossy leaves and produces red berries. Our Holly tree standards are strong and healthy. We always select matching Holly trees if you order more than one. Fully hardy.
- Position: Sun, partial shade or shade. In full sun do not let soil dry out.
- Watering: Water regularly during growing season. Do not allow soil to dry out completely. Do not overwater. Water less during winter, only make sure the root ball does not dry out.
- Hardiness: Fully hardy.
- Pruning: Prune into shape in winter. Well suited to be clipped into topiary shapes such as Holly standards.
- Soil: Well-drained. Fertile. Slightly acidic to neutral. Repot every two to three years.
- Feeding: During growing season top dress regularly with organic fertiliser or with slow release fertiliser granules. There is no need for plant feed during the winter period. Avoid high concentration of fast acting liquid fertiliser.
- Berries: Dark red fruits enjoyed by birds.
- Foliage: Evergreen bush or tree with dense foliage. Dark green glossy leaves.
- Hybrid: Ilex 'Nellie R. Stevens' holly is a cross between Ilex aquifolium and Ilex cornuta.